Prestressed Concrete Bridges, 2nd Edition, is the comprehensive reference for practising bridge engineers on the design and construction of prestressed concrete bridges.
Offering complete coverage of the design and construction of prestressed concrete bridges in a single resource, this book is an essential aid for maximising your efficiency on projects and expanding your existing knowledge. The book covers all types of deck arrangements and construction techniques – including in-situ slabs, precast beams, segmental construction, launched bridges and cable-stayed structures – and illustrates the interaction between design and construction.
Prestressed Concrete Bridges, 2nd Edition:
• Outlines the fundamentals of the design of prestressed concrete bridges, presenting the latest analysis methods and design techniques.
• Is fully updated for bridge design to Eurocodes.
• Provides an insight into the latest construction practices and the sophisticated equipment used in bridgeworks.
• Offers multiple international examples of prestressed concrete bridges – including projects completed since the first edition – illustrate specific design aspects and construction processes.
• Provides detailed descriptions of prestressing components and systems provide a quick reference during the scheming of projects.
Prestressed Concrete Bridges, 2nd edition, is a must-have reference for practising bridge engineers and an essential guide for graduates looking to further their knowledge and understanding.
Preface to the 2nd edition
Preface to the 1st edition
1. Prestressed concrete in bridgeworks
2. Prestressing components and equipment
3. Durability and detailing
4. Grouting post-tensioned tendons
5. Prestress design and application
6. Design of details
7. Concept design of prestressed concrete bridges
8. Analysis of prestressed concrete bridges
9. Slab bridges
10. Beam-and-slab bridges
11. In-situ multi-cell box girder decks
12. In-situ single-cell box girder bridges
13. Precast segmental match-cast decks
14. Precast full-length box girders
15. Incrementallylaunched box girder bridges
16. Cable-stayed bridges
17. Other prestressed concrete bridge types
18. Problems and failures
Appendix A: Definitions
Appendix B: Symbols and notation used
Appendix C: Bibliography, further reading and useful references
Appendix D: Proprietary systems