Choosing the right NEC contract provides an overview of the contracts in the NEC family of contracts. It describes each contract, its main features and the options available from which an appropriate contract can be prepared. It is written as a desktop manual for those who may be familiar with the more traditional construction contracts but who are new to the NEC system of contracts. It is therefore suitable for those employers and promoters who are considering using the NEC, for contractors who are invited to tender, consultants who are appointed to advise, and architects, quantity surveyors and other construction professionals. It is ideally suited also for students as an introduction to the NEC family of contracts. For this reason exercises have been included at the end of several chapters to stimulate discussion of the many factors that need to be considered in choosing the right NEC contract.
Choosing the right NEC contract is a valuable tool for anybody involved in the NEC supply chain including clients, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, project managers, quantity surveyors, adjudicators and service suppliers - across the complete spectrum of construction activity.
• The NEC Family
• The Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
• The Engineering and Construction Subcontract (ECS)
• The Engineering and Construction Short Contract (ECSC)
• The Engineering and Construction Short Subcontract (ECSS)
• The Professional Services Contract (PSC)
• The Term Service Contract (TSC)
• The Adjudicator’s Contract (AC)