Eurocode 2, Design of Concrete Structures, will apply to the design of building and civil engineering structures in plain, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete.
The Code (for convenience referred to as EC2) is written in several parts:
• EN 1992 -1 - 1 General rules and rules for buildings
• EN 1992 - 1 - 2 General rules - structural fire design
• EN 1992 - 2 Reinforced and pre-stressed concrete bridges
• EN 1992 - 3 Liquid and containment structures
EN 1992 - 1 - 1 has been written in such a way that the principles of the Code will generally apply to all the parts. The specific rules, which only apply to building structures, are identified as such. Under the CEN (European Standards Body) rules other parts of EC2 are allowed to identify those clauses in Part 1 - 1, which do not apply to that part and provide other information that will complement Part 1 - 1.
Compliance with the Code will satisfy the requirements of the Construction Products Directive in respect of mechanical resistance.
• Basis of design
• Materials and design data
• Design of sections for bending and axial force
• Shear, punching shear and torsion
• Slender columns and beams
• Serviceability limit states
• Prestressed concrete
• Structural fire design