This book is based on NEC2.
As the use of contracts grows within the construction industry there will inevitable be a rise in the number of disputes. This book clears a path through the potential minefield of dispute management. Written by a well-known lawyer, with an extensive practical knowledge of ECC, this guide provides engineering and construction professionals with much needed answers to the questions surrounding the adjudicative process.
Adjudication under the NEC:
• Is the only specialist guide to cover adjudication in relation to the Engineering and Constrcution Suite of Contracts
• Is the first book to answer key questions on adjudication with specific reference to the ECC
• General introduction
• Jurisdictional introduction; The International aspects of the Suite of Contracts; The Domestic aspects of the Suite of Contracts
• Introduction to the Suite of Contracts; The Professional Services Contract; The Engineering and Construction Contract; The Engineering and Construction Sub-contract; The Short contract; The Minor Works Contract; The Products Contract; The Partnering Contract; The Adjudicator's Contract
• The route to adjudication
• The potential effects of the Human Rights Act on adjudication
• Adjudication where there is an international aspect
• The effects of the HGCR Act on adjudication
• Adjudication under the scheme
• Adjudication under the contract
• The mechanics of an adjudication
• Launching the adjudication