This publication presents proceedings of seminar held by the Royal Fine Art Commission to consider casework and seek to improve individual development schemes.
Highly distinguished speakers came together to discuss the current state of designing, building, financing and operating buildings under one service provider. This seminar will benefit considerably from the experience of Bryan Jefferson who is closely involved with current attempts to improve the design quality of PFI schemes, particularly in his compacity as chairman of the DNH/Private Finance Panel steering group.
Introduction; Lord St John of Fawsley
• Setting the scene: Deborah Bartlett
• The NHS Quality Initiative: John Horan MP
• The Ambulatory Care & Diagnostic Centre, Central Middlesex Hospital: John Allan
• PFI and design in the public realm: the Labour party view: Mark Fisher MP
• Observations on current PFI projects: Trevor Osborne
• The Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds: Guy Wilson, Professor Derek Walker
• Overview: Alistair Ross Goodby
• Discussions and chairman’s summing-up: Lord St John of Fawsley